Why the Roman bathhouse was more than just a place to wash, and what they were like inside.
What You’ll Hear
- 1:51: How the baths worked
- 2:18: What the bathhouse looked like
- 2:49: The bathing process
- 4:04: The role of the servant
- 4:36: The Roman baths in Bath
Prefer to read instead? Click here for a transcript – no email required! This episode was inspired by a blog post in my Time Pieces History Project series about Arbeia Roman Fort, which mentioned baths. You can find out more about the bathhouse in Bath here.