Queen Elizabeth I is arguably one of the most famous and royals – she’s certainly one of the most recognisable! In this episode, I give five facts about Elizabeth I you might not know.
What You’ll Hear
- 0:56: How she honoured her mother, Anne Boleyn
- 1:34: Elizabeth I was well educated
- 2:12: Was Elizabeth really a man?
- 3:10: The two Marys Elizabeth had to beat
- 4:34: The lethal Elizabethan beauty fads
Prefer to read? Click here for the transcript – no email required! This episode was inspired by a blog from my history project about the powder puff, which referred to Queen Elizabeth and her white lead facepaint.