Concluding the series of tips for successful networking:
After the Event
- Let people know where you’ve been – send a Tweet which includes the organisers and a hashtag relating to the event if there was one (e.g. #Fridaynetworking). This is a good way of getting included in any follow-up conversations after the event and also connecting with other attendees.
- If you want to keep up to date with what the event organisers are doing, or anyone else you met, use social media. Follow them on Twitter, like their Facebook page and connect with them on LinkedIn.
- You might decide to add anyone you spoke to and developed a good rapport with to your newsletter distribution list. If not, add them to your contacts database, with a note on where and when you met them, what they do and if you can work together.
- If you promised to send someone some information, a link to your site or just an email to keep in touch, do it straight away or make a note in your diary (ideally online or in your phone so you can set a reminder) to go back to them.
- Book on to the next event and put it in your calendar. Follow up any tips or recommendations you got, including other networking groups to try. Now you’ve got the hang of it, you’ll be back for more!
I’d love to hear any tips you may have!